- The Promises (Christ)
- The Law
- The Gospel (Christ)
- God does not lie!
- Rejoice in the Lord always!
- Today we live by the gospel / the law of Christ and not by the law of Moses!
- Do the deeds of Abraham today!
In the days of those kings, God will set up a kingdom. Daniel chapter 2 verse 44
Daniel was carried into exile to Babylon about 605 BC (Dan. 1:1-7; 2:25b).
Is the kingdom of God a physical or a spiritual kingdom? The disciple, even after spending so much time with the King still didn’t quite understand this concept. So before his Ascension, Jesus gave them instruction about power. But was it one last lesson on obedience or something more? Today we look at what kind of government God had intended for his chosen people.
|Let’s appreciate the preeminence of Jesus in …|
|I.||creation (Col. 1:15-17)|
|II.||the church (Col. 1:18)|
|III.||reconciliation (Col. 1:19,20)|
Words in the Bible can have their meanings changed in society over time.
If you want to know what a word means in the Bible, then pull out the Bible itself and look up all the different places where that word is used! The bible is its own best dictionary.
We look at 11 bible words misunderstood today
Why are there so many churches today with different beliefs and practices?
– Where did they all come from?
– Does God approve of such division and confusion? i.e., Does it really matter?
The church which Jesus built:
Matt. 16:16-18 Simon Peter answered, ‘You are the Christ, the Son of the living God’. And Jesus said to him, Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it.
1. Jesus would build His church (in the future).
2. It would be built upon the content of Peter’s confession: “Christ, the Son of the living God”.
3. It would always exist once it was built (so where is it today??).
When did Jesus built His church?
Well, we know it was in existence by the time of Acts 5 …
– Acts 5:11 And great fear came over the whole church, and over all who heard of these things.
We also know that people were first added to it in Jerusalem on the day of Pentecost (Acts 2) in A.D. 30:
– Acts 2:41 So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls.
An exposition of Zechariah 6:9-15
Jesus the Priest and King will build His church