Which new testament chapter of the Bible would you describe as “the Blessings Chapter”??
Ephesians chapter 1 is what I would describe as “the blessings chapter”!
• After the introduction to the letter to the Ephesians (1:1,2),
• Paul lists many of the blessings which (the Ephesian) Christians have in Christ (1:3-14),
• and then prays that they may be enlightened about all these blessings (1:15-23).
What is so great about Christianity? Let us examine ‘the blessings chapter’
- Ephesians 1:4 just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him
- verse 5,6 In love He predestined us to adoption as sons through Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the kind intention of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, which He freely bestowed on us in the Beloved.
- Eph. 1:7-8 In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace 8 which He lavished on us. In all wisdom and insight
- Verse 9-10 In all wisdom and insight He made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His kind intention which He purposed in Him 10 with a view to an administration suitable to the fullness of the times, that is, the summing up of all things in Christ, things in the heavens and things on the earth. In Him
- Eph. 1:11-12 In Him also we have obtained an inheritance [also we were made a heritage, ASV], having been predestined according to His purpose who works all things after the counsel of His will, 12 to the end that we who were the first to hope in Christ would be to the praise of His glory.
- v 13-14 In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation- having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God’s own possession, to the praise of His glory.