Jesus’ command to all His disciples:
- Mat 28:18-20 And Jesus came up and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
How are we to “make disciples”?
Sowing the Seed
- Luke 8:5,11 “The sower went out to sow his seed; and as he sowed, some fell beside the road, and it was trampled under foot and the birds of the air ate it up … 11 “Now the parable is this: the seed is the word of God.
Rom. 10:17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.
Sometimes Christians may become discouraged by the apparent lack of response to the direct telling of the gospel.
It is equally discouraging to see people respond to the gospel and then fall away some time later.
So there is a great temptation, at times, to try devious means to entice people to Christ!
But to employ such:
(i) is to practise deception (like the devil, Rev. 12:9), and
(ii) may cause people to be attracted to the wrong thing (i.e. not to Christ).
Let’s consider four (4) questions this morning:
- What tricks may I use to bring others to Jesus?
- How should we bring people to Jesus?
- Why can’t we modify God’s word to please all people?
- Does the word of God need any “help” from us?